Pulp Cottage believes in giving back to the Creation Community of writers. That’s why we’ve decided to offer up our incredible lakefront private property to our Artist in Residence Scholarship Program, for FREE every year; for the entire month of August.
Artist in residence program
Do you have a manuscript that is begging to be completed? Do you struggle to find TIME and SPACE to complete your writing project(s)? If so, then consider our scholarship program!
Moose Lake is in the heart of Alberta’s Lakeland, Canada. A big beautiful lake that accommodates fisherman, and water sport enthusiasts. Moose Lake features a sizeable Provincial Park, many beaches, campgrounds, glorious sand bar, and 18 hole golf course / driving range. Residents are friendly and fun-loving. Moose Lake is also a five minute drive from the full-service town of Bonnyville (population 7,500).
Pulp cottage property details
- Located in the quiet Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach
- 1,200 sq ft 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Lakefront with private shoreline access
- Full kitchen and laundry service
- 6 man Hot Tub facing lake
- Outdoor upper deck firepit
- Private and quiet property
- Lakeshore lower deck fire-pit and lounge area
- 2 SUP boards and water safety equipment
- 2 bay parking
- Zero maintenance property-completed landscaped
- Access to Summer Village private facilities (hall and playground)
- Move- in ready for August 1
- Move- out by Aug 29
- Must be willing to sign liability waiver
- Must supply your own food
Application Submission Deadline:
All applicants must submit by: April 10 (of current year) Entries after this date will not be considered, however added to the following year consideration.
Final consideration will be determined by May 30 (of current year) We will notify the winner by June 1 (of current year).
Scholarship Application Details:
Please submit a short essay about why you think you and/or your family should be chosen.
Introduce yourself, and tell us more about:
- Projects you’d like to finish
- Your professional / personal history
- Your passions and inspirations behind your project pursuits
- Why you’d like to spend some time in our fabulous full-service accommodation
lakefront Moose Lake space
- Goals and forward movement for after project completion
- Provide 2 character references
- Be willing to leave a piece of your talent with us. Maybe a poem, short story,
observation, or any creation that may have inspired you, during your stay at Moose Lake
- Open to anyone over 18 years of age
Direct Application / Essay:
Pulp Cottage c/o Carmen Verrier
Principal / Owner
May the odds be forever in your favor! We can’t wait to get to know you and to help you find time and space to finish your work project; while enjoying the Canadian splendour of Moose Lake, Alberta Canada.